The Office of the Zoning and Planning Administrator processes all zoning requests and issues, permits (including special-use), handles all zoning and planning inquiries, and works with the Planning Commission.
- Frequently Asked Questions -- Dividing Property and Building Homes
- Planning Commission Packet and Minutes from previous meetings.
- Buckingham County Zoning Ordinance
Permits and Forms
Planning Commission By-Laws
The Comprehensive Plan
Meet the Planning Commission
The Buckingham County Planning Commission consists of commissioners appointed by the county Board of Supervisors. This commission consists of seven appointed persons and a Board of Supervisors representative. The Zoning Administrator/Clerk to the Commission is the person who carries out requests of the commission.
- District 3 (Curdsville & New Store Precincts) | R. Patrick Bowe, Chairman
- District 7 (New Canton Precinct) | John Bickford, Vice Chairman
- District 2 (White Hall Precinct) | Ashley Shumaker
- District 5 (Wrights and Glenmore Precincts) | Steve Dorrier,
- District 1 (Gold Hill Precinct) | Alice Gormus
- District 4 (Maysvile Precinct) | James D. Crews, Sr.
- District 6 (Slate River Precinct) | Joyce Gooden
- Board of Supervisors Representative | Danny Allen